2010 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 11 - General Provisions
Part 6 - Justification Excluding Criminal Responsibility
- 39-11-601 - Justification a defense.
- 39-11-602 - Justification definitions.
- 39-11-603 - Confinement as justifiable force.
- 39-11-604 - Reckless injury of innocent third person.
- 39-11-605 - Civil remedies unaffected.
- 39-11-606 - 39-11-608. [Reserved.]
- 39-11-609 - Necessity.
- 39-11-610 - Public duty.
- 39-11-611 - Self-defense.
- 39-11-612 - Defense of third person.
- 39-11-613 - Protection of life or health.
- 39-11-614 - Protection of property.
- 39-11-615 - Protection of third person's property.
- 39-11-616 - Use of device to protect property.
- 39-11-617 - 39-11-619. [Reserved.]
- 39-11-620 - Use of deadly force by a law enforcement officer.
- 39-11-621 - Use of deadly force by private citizen.
- 39-11-622 - Justification for use of force Exceptions Immunity from civil liability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.