2010 Tennessee Code
Title 37 - Juveniles
Chapter 3 - Administration of Children and Youth Services
Part 6 - Safe Families and Family Preservation Act
37-3-604 - Evaluation of family preservation services Joint report Contents.
37-3-604. Evaluation of family preservation services Joint report Contents.
The department shall conduct ongoing evaluations of family preservation and support services and shall file a report, on or before December 31 of each year, with the governor, the chair of the general welfare, health and human resources committee of the senate, the chair of the committee on child and family affairs of the house of representatives, and the chair of the select committee on children and youth. The report shall include the following information for the preceding fiscal year:
(1) The number of families receiving services through the program;
(2) The number of children at imminent risk of placement prior to initiation of service in families receiving services and the number of foster care children and their parents or primary caregiver who are receiving time-limited family reunification services;
(3) Among those children identified in subdivision (2), the number of children placed in foster care, in group homes and in other facilities outside the home;
(4) The average cost of services provided under the program;
(5) The estimated cost of out-of-home placement, through foster care, group homes or other facilities, that would otherwise have been expended on behalf of those children who successfully remain united or have been reunited with their families as a result of the program, based on average lengths of stay and average cost of such out-of-home placements;
(6) The number of children who remain unified with their families for one (1), two (2) and three (3) years, respectively, after receiving services; and
(7) An overall statement of the achievements and progress of the program during the preceding year, together with recommendations for improvement.
[Acts 1991, ch. 185, § 4; 1998, ch. 1097, § 26.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.