2010 Tennessee Code
Title 37 - Juveniles
Chapter 1 - Juvenile Courts and Proceedings
Part 1 - General Provisions
37-1-142 - Nonresident child Transfer from another state.

37-1-142. Nonresident child Transfer from another state.

(a)  If a juvenile court of another state requests a juvenile court of this state to accept jurisdiction of a child found by the requesting court to have committed a delinquent act or to be an unruly or dependent or neglected child, and the court of this state finds, after investigation that the child is, or is about to become, a resident of the county in which the court presides, it shall promptly and not later than fourteen (14) days after receiving the request issue its acceptance in writing to the requesting court and direct its probation officer or other person designated by it to take physical custody of the child from the requesting court, and bring the child before the court of this state or make other appropriate provisions for the child's appearance before the court.

(b)  Upon the filing of certified copies of the orders of the requesting court:

     (1)  Determining that the child committed a delinquent act or is an unruly or dependent or neglected child; and

     (2)  Committing the child to the jurisdiction of the juvenile court of this state, the court of this state shall immediately fix a time for a hearing on the need for treatment or rehabilitation and disposition of the child or on the continuance of any probation or protective supervision.

(c)  The hearing and notice thereof and all subsequent proceedings are governed by this part. The court may make any order of disposition permitted by the facts and this part. The orders of the requesting court are conclusive that the child committed the delinquent act or is an unruly or dependent or neglected child and of the facts found by the court in making the orders, subject only to § 37-1-139. If the requesting court has made an order placing the child on probation or under protective supervision, a like order shall be entered by the court of this state. The court may modify or vacate the order in accordance with § 37-1-139.

[Acts 1970, ch. 600, § 41; T.C.A., § 37-241.]  

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.