2010 Tennessee Code
Title 36 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 4 - Divorce and Annulment
- 36-4-101 - Grounds for divorce from bonds of matrimony.
- 36-4-102 - Legal separation.
- 36-4-103 - Irreconcilable differences Procedure.
- 36-4-104 - Residence requirements.
- 36-4-105 - Venue.
- 36-4-106 - Contents of petition for divorce and legal separation.
- 36-4-107 - Verification of petition Effect of noncompliance.
- 36-4-108 - Security for costs Service of process.
- 36-4-109 - Time for hearing.
- 36-4-110 - Appearance and answer.
- 36-4-111 - Failure to separate not a defense.
- 36-4-112 - Defense when ground is adultery.
- 36-4-113 - Issues Trial by jury New trial.
- 36-4-114 - Proof required.
- 36-4-115 - Form of proof.
- 36-4-116 - Affidavits of proof not required Sworn statements concerning financial matters required Sworn statements as evidence.
- 36-4-117 - Proof when ground is spouse's refusal to remove to this state.
- 36-4-118 - Proof when ground is conviction of crime.
- 36-4-119 - Decree of court generally.
- 36-4-120 - Decree of court in action brought under § 36-4-102.
- 36-4-121 - Distribution of marital property.
- 36-4-122 - Costs.
- 36-4-123 - Appeals.
- 36-4-124 - Right to remarry.
- 36-4-125 - Legitimacy of children unaffected by divorce or annulment.
- 36-4-126 - Suspension of proceedings to attempt reconciliation Revocation.
- 36-4-127 - Expunction of divorce records upon reconciliation of parties.
- 36-4-128 - Remarriage after spouse's two-year absence Effect of spouse's return.
- 36-4-129 - Stipulated grounds and/or defenses Grant of divorce.
- 36-4-130 - Mediation Confidentiality of information and documents.
- 36-4-131 - Mediation Waiver or extension Domestic abuse.
- 36-4-132 - Appointment of guardian ad litem.
- 36-4-133 - Compliance with notice of insurance termination provisions required.
- 36-4-134 - Notice that the decree does not necessarily affect the ability of a creditor to proceed against a party or a party's property. [Effective January 1, 2010.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.