2010 Tennessee Code
Title 36 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 1 - Adoption
Part 1 - General Provisions
- 36-1-101 - Purpose of part Construction.
- 36-1-102 - Part definitions.
- 36-1-103 - Prior adoptions and terminations of parental rights involving minors and prior adoptions of adults ratified.
- 36-1-104 - Withholding of material information concerning the status of the parents or guardian of a child subject to surrender, termination of parental rights or adoption Misdemeanor.
- 36-1-105 - Violation of criminal provisions of part by state employee Dismissal.
- 36-1-106 - Readoption.
- 36-1-107 - Persons to whom this part is applicable.
- 36-1-108 - Entities authorized to place children for adoption Advisory and agency capacity authorized Injunction to stop illegal payments.
- 36-1-109 - Illegal payments in connection with placement of child Penalty.
- 36-1-110 - Parent under eighteen years of age Surrender.
- 36-1-111 - Pre-surrender request for home study or preliminary home study Surrender of child Consent for adoption by parent Effect of Surrender Form of surrender Waiver of interest Interpreter for non-English speaking parents.
- 36-1-112 - Revocation of surrender and parental consent Form.
- 36-1-113 - Termination of parental rights.
- 36-1-114 - Venue.
- 36-1-115 - Persons eligible to file adoption petition Residence requirements Preference for foster parents.
- 36-1-116 - Pre-petition home study Information from surrender court Contents of petition Effect of filing Order of preference.
- 36-1-117 - Parties to proceedings Termination of rights of putative father Consent of parent or guardian Service of process.
- 36-1-118 - Dismissal of adoption proceedings and guardianship orders Revocation of surrender by court Notice Disposition of child.
- 36-1-119 - Final order of adoption When entered.
- 36-1-120 - Final order of adoption Contents Report of foreign birth.
- 36-1-121 - Effect of adoption on relationship.
- 36-1-122 - Binding effect of adoption.
- 36-1-123 - Biological parents illegally obtaining custody of a child Custodial interference.
- 36-1-124 - Contested terminations of parental rights and adoptions Appeals Expedited schedule.
- 36-1-125 - Confidentiality of records Penalties for unauthorized disclosure Protected orders.
- 36-1-126 - Record kept under seal Confidential records Access to certain records Preservation of records.
- 36-1-127 - Availability of records to adopted persons and certain other persons for adoptions finalized or attempted prior to March 16, 1951.
- 36-1-128 - Contact veto registry Persons eligible to have names entered.
- 36-1-129 - Procedures for filing contact veto or giving consent.
- 36-1-130 - Access to records Search of registry Restrictions on contact.
- 36-1-131 - Search of sealed adoption record, sealed record or post-adoption records Opportunity to veto contact.
- 36-1-132 - Violation of contact veto a misdemeanor Injunction and damages Attorney's Fees Using information to injure persons whose names were obtained.
- 36-1-133 - Release of nonidentifying information concerning biological or legal family.
- 36-1-134 - Transmission of information between affected parties Access to records of deceased or disabled persons Updating of information to allow contact.
- 36-1-135 - Updated medical information in records Searches for persons affected.
- 36-1-136 - Notification made as part of search, contact or identifying requests.
- 36-1-137 - Inability of department to verify adoptive status of relationships Waiting period to request further searches Limitations on searches.
- 36-1-138 - Court orders for the release of information from adoption and sealed records.
- 36-1-139 - Penalty for providing false information related to information requests.
- 36-1-140 - Immunity for actions in good faith by department personnel and immunity of certain other persons.
- 36-1-141 - Fees for searches, registration of contact vetoes, and copies Promulgation of rules Forms.
- 36-1-142 - Voluntary delivery of infant to facility, revocation of voluntary delivery, and termination of parental rights.
- 36-1-143 - Post-adoption services to support permanency in adoption.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.