There is a newer version of the Tennessee Code
2010 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 4 - Emergency Involuntary Admission to Inpatient Treatment
- 33-6-401 - Emergency detention.
- 33-6-402 - Detention without warrant authorized.
- 33-6-403 - Admission to treatment facility.
- 33-6-404 - Certificate of need for emergency treatment and transportation.
- 33-6-405 - [Reserved.]
- 33-6-406 - Transportation of detainee to treatment facility.
- 33-6-407 - Examination to determine need for hospitalization.
- 33-6-408 - Admission of person already at treatment facility.
- 33-6-409 - [Repealed.]
- 33-6-410 - Admission of detainee to state facility.
- 33-6-411 - Admission of detainee to private or local facility with contractual relationship with state.
- 33-6-412 - Admission of detainee to other private or local facility Payment for services.
- 33-6-413 - Notice of admission to general sessions court Notice of defendant's rights and status. [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 33-6-414 - Detention for twenty-four (24) hours if judge not available.
- 33-6-415 - Treatment not to render defendant unable to participate in probable cause hearing.
- 33-6-416 - Order of admission Notice to next of kin or representative.
- 33-6-417 - Release or transfer prior to hearing.
- 33-6-418 - Procedure for probable cause hearing.
- 33-6-419 - Notice to court of legal representation Appointment of counsel.
- 33-6-420 - Waiver of hearing.
- 33-6-421 - Filing of certificates of need.
- 33-6-422 - Finding of probable cause Involuntary commitment for care for up to fifteen (15) days.
- 33-6-423 - Release of defendant if findings not made by court.
- 33-6-424 - Release of defendant if chief officer determines certificates of need not supported by facts.
- 33-6-425 - Detention not to be at jail or other criminal custodial facility unless defendant under arrest for crime.
- 33-6-426 - Certification by physician required.
- 33-6-427 - Authority of licensed psychologist or other mental health professional.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.