2010 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 6 - Mental Health Service
Part 2 - Voluntary Admission to Inpatient Treatment
33-6-206 - Request for release.
33-6-206. Request for release.
(a) The following persons may at any time request the service recipient's release by filing a written application with the chief officer:
(1) An adult service recipient;
(2) A service recipient's conservator;
(3) A service recipient's attorney in fact under a durable power of attorney for health care;
(4) The parent, legal custodian, or legal guardian who applied for the admission of a child;
(5) A child who is sixteen (16) years of age or over and who was admitted on the child's own application; or
(6) A caregiver under title 34, chapter 6, part 3, who is acting on behalf of a child.
(b) If a competent service recipient cannot file a written request, a person acting on the service recipient's behalf may file the request with the service recipient's consent.
[Acts 2000, ch. 947, § 1; 2002, ch. 730, § 36; 2004, ch. 565, § 5.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.