2010 Tennessee Code
Title 33 - Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities
Chapter 3 - General Rules Applicable to Service Recipients
Part 1 - General Rights of All Service Recipients
- 33-3-101 - Rights of persons under this title equal to those of other persons except as limited by this title.
- 33-3-102 - Specific rights protected.
- 33-3-103 - Confidentiality of mental health records.
- 33-3-104 - Persons who may consent to disclosure of confidential information.
- 33-3-105 - Disclosure of confidential information without consent.
- 33-3-106 - Disclosure to advocacy agency Disclosure to organization paying for treatment Limitations.
- 33-3-107 - Rules relating to disclosure of confidential information.
- 33-3-108 - Access permitted for reports of harm and granting of access in cases of abuse.
- 33-3-109 - Release of information to family members and other designated persons Acceptance of information from family members of service recipients.
- 33-3-110 - Disclosure to law enforcement agencies in cases of felony acts of bodily harm or sexual abuse.
- 33-3-111 - Records of child service recipient not available to person accused of abusing recipient Exceptions and limitations.
- 33-3-112 - Disclosure to service recipient of records kept and procedures for accessing records.
- 33-3-113 - Request by recipient to have record amended.
- 33-3-114 - Exceptions to evidentiary privilege of mental health professionals.
- 33-3-115 - Information to be collected and reported to the federal bureau of investigation-NICS index and the department of safety by any clerk of court that maintains records of an adjudication as a mental defective or a judicial commitment to a mental institution. [Effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 33-3-116 - Penalty for violation. . [Transferred and amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compilerís Notes.]
- 33-3-117 - 33-3-119. [Reserved.]
- 33-3-120 - Isolation and restraints prohibited Exceptions and limitations.
- 33-3-121 - 33-3-124. [Reserved.]
- 33-3-125 - Professional not to be related or to have financial interest.
- 33-3-126 - Right to religious expression.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.