2010 Tennessee Code
Title 2 - Elections
Chapter 7 - Procedure at the Polling Place
2-7-137 - Items to be locked in ballot box after certification of the completed tally sheets.
2-7-137. Items to be locked in ballot box after certification of the completed tally sheets.
After certification of the completed tally sheets and the performance of the other duties of this chapter, the officer of elections shall have the following items placed in the ballot box or boxes which shall then be locked:
(1) The bound bundles of paper ballots;
(2) The record of voter assistance;
(3) The envelopes containing spoiled ballots;
(4) The envelopes containing rejected ballots;
(5) The poll books;
(6) The bound applications for ballots;
(7) The portions of unused paper ballots containing the numbered stubs;
(8) The envelopes containing the voting machine keys; and
(9) The ballot box keys.
[Acts 1972, ch. 740, § 1; T.C.A., § 2-737; Acts 1982, ch. 871, § 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.