2010 Tennessee Code
Title 13 - Public Planning And Housing
Chapter 10 - Mass Transit
13-10-101 - Chapter definitions.
13-10-101. Chapter definitions.
As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Commissioner means the commissioner of transportation;
(2) Department means the department of transportation;
(3) Local government means an incorporated municipality, county, agency or instrumentality of an incorporated municipality or county, two (2) or more of the foregoing acting jointly, or an authority established by law to provide mass transportation services, or a nonprofit corporation authorized to provide mass transportation services;
(4) Mass transportation project means the planning, acquisition, construction, reconstruction, improvement, maintenance or operation of any mass transportation system or capital equipment used in connection therewith; and
(5) Project cost means actual or estimated cost of a mass transportation project, including relocation assistance payments, or the estimated reasonable cost thereof as approved by the commissioner, whichever is lower, less any federal assistance received or to be received for the project.
[Acts 1972, ch. 829, § 2; 1973, ch. 140, § 4; 1977, ch. 276, §§ 2-5; T.C.A., § 13-1701; Acts 1981, ch. 264, § 22; 2000, ch. 750, § 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.