There is a newer version of this Chapter
2021 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 43 - Property
Chapter 32 - Lease Of Real Property
- Section 43-32-1 - Leasing of real property defined.
- Section 43-32-2 - Limited term of lease--Agricultural land--Municipal lots.
- Section 43-32-3 - Hiring of real property presumed for one year--Exception.
- Section 43-32-4 - Hiring of lodgings--Length of term--Presumption.
- Section 43-32-5 - Lease of real property for more than one year--Written contract necessary.
- Section 43-32-6 - Obligations of lessor of real property--Tenant's remedies against lessor.
- Section 43-32-6.1 - Maximum security deposit for residential premises--Larger deposit by mutual agreement.
- Section 43-32-7 - 43-32-7.Repealed by SL 1983, ch 13, §29
- Section 43-32-8 - Residential lessor to keep premises in repair--Disrepair caused by lessee--Agreements for repairs in lieu of rent--Liability to third persons unaffected.
- Section 43-32-9 - Failure of lessor to repair premises--Lessee's remedies.
- Section 43-32-10 - Preservation of premises by lessee.
- Section 43-32-11 - Use of premises when leased for particular or specified purpose--Responsibility of lessee--Rescission of contract.
- Section 43-32-12 - Time for payment of rent--Agricultural and wildland--Lodging--Termination of hiring.
- Section 43-32-13 - Modification of lease--Written notice by landlord, effect--Termination by tenant.
- Section 43-32-14 - Retention of possession by lessee after expiration of hiring--Acceptance of rent by lessor--Renewal of hiring--Terms.
- Section 43-32-15 - Renewal of hiring of real property presumed unless notice given of termination.
- Section 43-32-16 - Tenant receiving notice of adverse proceedings--Duty to inform landlord.
- Section 43-32-17 - Attornment of tenant to stranger, validity--Consent of landlord--Judgment.
- Section 43-32-18 - Termination of lease by landlord before end of agreed term--Use of premises by tenant contrary to agreement--Neglect of tenant to make repairs.
- Section 43-32-18.1 - Eviction of tenant--Limitations.
- Section 43-32-19 - Termination of lease by tenant--Causes.
- Section 43-32-19.1 - Domestic abuse--Unlawful sexual behavior--Stalking--Termination of lease--Notice requirements.
- Section 43-32-19.2 - Contact information--Disclosure--Limitation.
- Section 43-32-20 - Assignment of lease by lessee--Breach of agreement--Recovery of possession--Remedies of lessor--Exception--Security for loan.
- Section 43-32-21 - Assignment of lease by lessor--Breach of agreement--Remedies of lessee--Covenants excepted.
- Section 43-32-22 - Termination of lease--Agreed term--Mutual consent--Acquisition of superior title by tenant.
- Section 43-32-22.1 - Continuation of farm lease absent notice--Time for notice--Termination without notice in case of default--Grassland included.
- Section 43-32-23 - Termination of lease at pleasure of either party--Death or incapacity to contract--Exception.
- Section 43-32-24 - Return of security deposit after termination of tenancy--Withholding--Itemized accounting--Forfeiture of withholding rights--Punitive damages.
- Section 43-32-24.1 - Commercial security deposits.
- Section 43-32-25 - Small amount of tenant's property left on premises presumed abandoned--Disposal by lessor.
- Section 43-32-26 - Storage of tenant's valuable property left on premises--Lien--Disposal as abandoned after waiting period.
- Section 43-32-27 - Cause of action against lessor for retaliatory conduct.
- Section 43-32-28 - Retaliatory conduct--Remedies--Attorney's fees.
- Section 43-32-29 - Rights and remedies preserved.
- Section 43-32-30 - Disclosure of knowledge of existence of prior manufacturing of methamphetamines.
- Section 43-32-31 - Notice to vacate and remove mobile or manufactured home from leased property.
- Section 43-32-32 - Reasonable notice of landlord's intent to enter--Contents.
- Section 43-32-33 - Service animal and disability defined.
- Section 43-32-34 - Landlord permitted to require documentation of disability requiring service animal--Exceptions.
- Section 43-32-35 - Service animal documentation requirements.
- Section 43-32-36 - Eviction for false claims of disability requiring service animal or fraudulent documentation--Damages.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.