There is a newer version of this Chapter
2019 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 34 - Public Health and Safety
Chapter 12D - Living Wills
- § 34-12D-1 Definition of terms.
- § 34-12D-2 Declaration--Requirements as to execution.
- § 34-12D-3 Declaration--Sample form.
- § 34-12D-4 Multiple documents--Resolving conflicts--Participation by attorney in fact.
- § 34-12D-5 When declaration becomes operative.
- § 34-12D-6 Decisions regarding life-sustaining treatment--Rights of qualified patient.
- § 34-12D-7 Entry of declaration into medical record.
- § 34-12D-8 Revocation of declaration--Medical record to contain revocation.
- § 34-12D-9 Providing for patient's comfort and related needs--Responsibility of health care provider.
- § 34-12D-10 Treatment of pregnant woman notwithstanding declaration.
- § 34-12D-11 Withdrawal or withholding of life-sustaining treatment--Responsibilities of health care provider.
- § 34-12D-12 Providing treatment, artificial nutrition, and hydration--Responsibilities of health care provider.
- § 34-12D-13 Immunity from civil or criminal liability, and from professional discipline.
- § 34-12D-14 Withdrawal or withholding of treatment neither suicide or homicide.
- § 34-12D-15 Withdrawal or withholding of treatment--Effect upon life insurance or annuity.
- § 34-12D-16 Insurer or health-care provider may not prohibit or require declaration.
- § 34-12D-17 Revocation of or failure to execute declaration--No presumption created concerning intent.
- § 34-12D-18 Patients able to make decisions regarding medical care--Effect upon rights.
- § 34-12D-19 Health care provider not required to deviate from accepted medical standards.
- § 34-12D-20 Mercy-killing, euthanasia, suicide, and assisted suicide not condoned.
- § 34-12D-21 Assumption as to valid declaration permissible.
- § 34-12D-22 Validity of declaration--Declarations executed prior to July 1, 1991.
- § 34-12D-23 Health care professional--Knowledge and purpose required for conviction of aiding and abetting suicide.
- § 34-12D-24 Standing to bring injunctive relief against person believed to be about to assist in suicide.
- § 34-12D-25 Cause of action for compensatory and punitive damages for assisting suicide.
- § 34-12D-26 Attorney's fees to plaintiff in assisted suicide action.
- § 34-12D-27 Licensing board notified of assisted suicide violation.
- § 34-12D-28 Revocation of license for assisted suicide violation.
- § 34-12D-29 Licensed health care professional defined.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.