2018 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 47 - CORPORATIONS
Chapter 21 - Rural Electric Cooperatives
§ 47-21-41 Articles of dissolution--Contents of articles.
47-21-41. Articles of dissolution--Contents of articles. The board of directors shall, upon completion of the acts required by § 47-21-40, authorize the execution of articles of dissolution, which shall be executed and acknowledged on behalf of the cooperative by its president or vice-president, and its seal shall be affixed thereto and attested by its secretary. The articles of dissolution shall recite that they are executed pursuant to this chapter and shall state:
(1) The name of the cooperative;
(2) The address of its principal office;
(3) The date on which the certificate of election to dissolve was filed by the secretary of state;
(4) That there are no actions or suits pending against the cooperative;
(5) That all debts, obligations, and liabilities of the cooperative have been paid and discharged or that adequate provision has been made therefor; and
(6) That the provisions of §§ 47-21-36 to 47-21-40, inclusive, have been duly complied with.
The president or vice-president executing the articles of dissolution shall make and annex thereto an affidavit stating that the statements made therein are true.
Source: SL 1947, ch 33, § 21; SDC Supp 1960, § 11.2221 (2).