2018 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 47 - CORPORATIONS
Chapter 13A - Professional Corporations For The Practice Of Law
- § 47-13A-1 Professional corporations for practice of law authorized--Limited liability company.
- § 47-13A-1.1 Definition of terms.
- § 47-13A-2 Contents of articles of incorporation.
- § 47-13A-2.1 Revocable trust as shareholder--Conditions.
- § 47-13A-2.2 Personal liability of shareholders, directors, and officers of professional corporations or members or managers of limited liability companies limited for corporate or individual obligations--Exception.
- § 47-13A-2.3 Amendment of articles of incorporation to be consistent with law.
- § 47-13A-2.4 Application of repealed provisions to acts, errors, or omissions occurring before July 1, 2005.
- § 47-13A-3 Certified copy of articles and amendments filed with Supreme Court clerk.
- § 47-13A-4 List of shareholders and employees filed with Supreme Court clerk.
- § 47-13A-5 Corporation's violation of standards of professional conduct and rules of court prohibited--Compliance with standards and provisions of chapter.
- § 47-13A-6 Violation as grounds for termination or suspension of right to practice law.
- § 47-13A-7 Attorneys employed by corporation subject to standards of professional conduct--Personal liability.
- § 47-13A-8 Attorney-client privilege unaffected.
- § 47-13A-9 Adoption of pension, profit-sharing, and insurance plans authorized.
- § 47-13A-10 Practice of law by corporations prohibited--Professional service corporations not deemed to be lay agencies.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.