2018 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 47 - CORPORATIONS
Chapter 09A - Corporate Farming Restrictions
- § 47-9A-1 Agriculture prohibited as corporate or limited liability company purpose.
- § 47-9A-1.1 Certain breeding stock, products, and facilities exempt.
- § 47-9A-2 Definition of terms.
- § 47-9A-3 Corporate farming and acquisition of interest in farm real estate prohibited.
- § 47-9A-3.1 Certain greenhouse operations exempt.
- § 47-9A-3.2 Facilities for feeding poultry or producing meat or eggs exempt.
- § 47-9A-3.3 Dairy on agricultural lands exempt.
- § 47-9A-4 Banks and trust companies exempt--Purchase of agricultural land through pooled investment fund excepted.
- § 47-9A-5 Certain limited liability entities exempt from restrictions.
- § 47-9A-6 Encumbrance taken for security exempt.
- § 47-9A-7 Lands acquired in collection of debt or enforcement of claim exempt--Period allowed for disposition--Covenant runs with land.
- § 47-9A-8 Gifts to nonprofit corporations exempt.
- § 47-9A-9 Farms, for scientific, medical, research, or experimental purposes exempt if sale of products incidental.
- § 47-9A-10 Raising breeding stock for resale exempt--Nurseries and seed farms.
- § 47-9A-11 Livestock feeding exempt.
- § 47-9A-12 Land acquired for nonfarming uses exempt--Acreage allowed--Restrictions on farming pending development.
- § 47-9A-12.1 Cement Plant Commission property used for nonfarming purposes.
- § 47-9A-13 Family farm and authorized farm corporations exempt.
- § 47-9A-13.1 Repealed.
- § 47-9A-13.2 Pork production subject to same provisions as other operations.
- § 47-9A-14 Family farm corporation defined.
- § 47-9A-15 Qualifications of authorized small farm corporation.
- § 47-9A-16 Report required of corporation engaged in farming--Contents.
- § 47-9A-17 Additional information for qualification as family or authorized farm corporation.
- § 47-9A-18 Farming prohibited without certification by secretary of state.
- § 47-9A-19 Repealed.
- § 47-9A-20 Corporation failing to file or filing false report--Civil fine.
- § 47-9A-21 Attorney general to prosecute violations--Order of court declaring violation.
- § 47-9A-22 Recording of order--Divestiture within prescribed period--Covenant running with land--Public sale of lands not divested.
- § 47-9A-23 Citation of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.