2015 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 43 - PROPERTY
Chapter 15A - Condominiums
§ 43-15A-5 Common areas defined.
43-15A-5. Common areas defined.
"Common areas," as used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires and unless otherwise provided in the master deed or lease, includes:
(1) The land whether fee simple or leased, on which the building or buildings stand;
(2) The foundations, main walls, roofs, halls, lobbies, stairways, and entrances and exits and communication ways;
(3) The basements, flat roofs, yards, gardens, recreation facilities, and parking areas, unless otherwise provided or stipulated;
(4) The premises for the lodging of janitors or persons in charge of the building or buildings, except as otherwise provided or stipulated;
(5) The compartments or installations of central services such as power, light, gas, cold and hot water, refrigeration, reservoirs, water tanks, pumps, and the like;
(6) The elevators, garbage incinerators, and in general all devices or installations existing for common use; and
(7) All other elements of the property rationally of common use or necessary to its existence, upkeep, and safety.
Source: SL 1975, ch 270, § 1 (6).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.