2012 South Dakota Codified Laws
Title 58 INSURANCE
Chapter 17F. Network Adequacy Standards
- §58-17F-1 Definitions.
- §58-17F-2 Health benefit plan defined.
- §58-17F-3 Medical director required for managed care plans.
- §58-17F-4 Health carrier to provide written information to prospective enrollees--Specific information required.
- §58-17F-5 Health carrier to maintain provider network sufficient to assure services without unreasonable delay--Emergency services--Determination of sufficiency.
- §58-17F-6 Where provider network is insufficient, covered benefit to be made available at no greater cost.
- §58-17F-7 Health carrier to ensure provider proximity to covered persons.
- §58-17F-8 Health carrier to monitor provider ability, capacity, and authority--Financial capability to be monitored in capitated plans.
- §58-17F-9 Factors to consider in determining network adequacy.
- §58-17F-10 Access plan required for managed care plans--Annual update--Contents--Exemptions for discounted fee-for-service networks.
- §58-17F-11 Requirements for health carrier and providers in managed care plans.
- §58-17F-12 Provisions governing contractual arrangements between health carriers and intermediaries.
- §58-17F-13 Sample contract forms to be filed with director--Material changes to be submitted--Certain changes not material--Director's inaction within certain time deemed approval--Contract copies to be provided upon request.
- §58-17F-14 Contract does not relieve health carrier of liability.
- §58-17F-15 Remedies available to director against health carrier found not in compliance.
- §58-17F-16 Managed care contractor to register with director.
- §58-17F-17 Filing changes in registration information.
- §58-17F-18 Request for information from managed care contractor.
- §58-17F-19 Activities of nonregistered managed care contractor prohibited.
- §58-17F-20 Registration fee for managed care contractor.
- §58-17F-21 Promulgation of rules.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.