2011 South Dakota Code
Title 32 MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 33. Apprehension And Prosecution Of Violators
- §32-33-1 Power of local authorities to enforce laws--Arrest of violators without warrant--Impounding offending vehicles.
- §32-33-1.1 Arrest or summons on probable cause at accident scene.
- §32-33-2 Procedure on arrest of violator--Issuance of summons--Notice of hearing--Release from custody upon promise to appear--Violation of promise to appear--Misdemeanor--Bond of nonresident.
- §32-33-2.1 Weight violations excepted.
- §32-33-2.2 Bench warrant for defendant failing to appear after promise given--Costs assessed against defendant.
- §32-33-3 Right to speedy hearing.
- §32-33-4 Accidents resulting in death or injury--Reckless driving--Driving under influence--Felons.
- §32-33-5 Misfeasance by public officer--Removal from office.
- §32-33-6 to 32-33-8. Repealed.
- §32-33-9 Omitted.
- §32-33-10 Establishment of temporary roadblocks.
- §32-33-11 Definition of temporary roadblock.
- §32-33-12 Requirements for establishing temporary roadblock--Warning signals.
- §32-33-13 Traveling through roadblock--Misdemeanor.
- §32-33-14 Existing law enforcement authority unaffected.
- §32-33-14.1 Agent or employee of Department of Transportation authorized to act in capacity of law enforcement officer to enforce speed limits in areas of highway construction.
- §32-33-15 Power of local authorities to enforce law pertaining to motor carriers.
- §32-33-16 Impounding of nonconforming vehicles--Penalties for failure to comply.
- §32-33-17 Failure to stop at state weighing station--Misdemeanor.
- §32-33-18 Failure to stop at the signal of law enforcement officer as misdemeanor.
- §32-33-18.1 Eluding law enforcement officer as misdemeanor--Enhanced penalties.
- §32-33-18.2 Aggravated eluding law enforcement officer as felony--Enhanced penalties.
- §32-33-19 Repealed.
- §32-33-19.1 Repealed.
- §32-33-20 Unknown driver fleeing from police--Vehicle subject to civil penalty.
- §32-33-21 Enforcement of civil penalty--Lien.
- §32-33-22 Exemptions from lien--Superior security interests.
- §32-33-23 Transferred.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.