2011 South Dakota Code
Title 32 MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 04. Theft And Misappropriation Of Vehicles
- §32-4-1 Duty of law officers to report stolen or recovered vehicles--Holding vehicles.
- §32-4-2 Repealed.
- §32-4-3 Check of attorney general's files and examination of application before issuing certificate of title.
- §32-4-4 Unauthorized tampering with motor vehicle--Misdemeanor.
- §32-4-5 Receiving or transferring possession of vehicle known to have been stolen--Felony--Provision supplementary to other penalties.
- §32-4-6, 32-4-7. Repealed.
- §32-4-8 Certificate forms--Unauthorized possession prohibited--Violation as felony.
- §32-4-9 Alteration or removal of vehicle identification number prohibited--Violation as felony.
- §32-4-10 Possessing vehicle, trailer, or part with altered or removed identification number prohibited--Violation as felony.
- §32-4-10.1 Forfeiture of vehicle, trailer or component part--Return to lawful owner not precluded--Assignment of identification number.
- §32-4-10.2 Forfeiture proceeding--Time of hearing--Standard and burden of proof--Release to owner on condition of obtaining identification number.
- §32-4-11 Unauthorized possession of manufacturer's identification plate prohibited--Violation as felony.
- §32-4-12 Impounding vehicle or part believed stolen--Disposition.
- §32-4-13 Trafficking in stolen vehicles or parts--Felony.
- §32-4-14 Seizure of property on arrest for trafficking--Forfeiture.
- §32-4-15 Disposition of forfeited property.
- §32-4-16 Giving false information concerning vehicle registration or titling as felony.
- §32-4-17 Repealed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.