2011 South Dakota Code
Title 32 MOTOR VEHICLES
Chapter 03A. Title, Registration And Taxation Of Boats
§32-3A-1 Rules governing motorboats, watercraft and recreation on public waters--Violation as misdemeanor.
32-3A-1. Rules governing motorboats, watercraft and recreation on public waters--Violation as misdemeanor. The Game, Fish and Parks Commission may adopt rules, promulgated pursuant to chapter 1-26, to establish uniform procedures for the administration of motorboats, watercraft and recreation on public waters:
(1) Requiring and regulating the use of standard safety equipment on any boat including whistles, bells, life preservers, fire extinguishers, flame arresters, navigation lights and air vents;
(2) Appointment, management, bonding and cancellation of boat licensing agents;
(3) Traffic, piloting and navigation of boats afloat in the public waters of this state;
(4) Designate areas and safety requirements for swimming or scuba diving in the public waters of this state;
(5) Authorizing regattas, motorboat or other boat races, marine parades, tournaments or exhibitions on any public water of this state and regulating the safety of the boats, the participants and the observers;
(6) Public and private docks, constructed, placed or put into public waters.
A violation of a rule adopted pursuant to this section is a Class 2 misdemeanor.
Source: SL 1984, ch 273, § 13; SL 1989, ch 375, § 1; SL 1991, ch 186, § 37; SL 1993, ch 322, § 1; SL 1994, ch 335, § 15; SDCL 42-8-1.1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.