2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 49. Short-Term Redemption Mortgages
- §21-49-1 to 21-49-10. Repealed.
- §21-49-11 Foreclosure alternatives available on small tracts subject to chapter--Mortgages under earlier law.
- §21-49-12 Clause subjecting mortgage to chapter--Caption required--Mortgagor's right to possession of property during redemption period.
- §21-49-13 Provisions includable in mortgage--Satisfaction of notice requirements.
- §21-49-14 Forms of mortgages authorized--Address and description requirements not applicable.
- §21-49-15 Commencement of foreclosure or satisfaction action--Service of process on nonresident defendant--Required defendants.
- §21-49-16 Service by publication.
- §21-49-17 Joinder of other persons liable--Judgment and enforcement of judgment as against mortgagor.
- §21-49-18 Other recovery proceedings to be stated in complaint.
- §21-49-19 Money judgment as precluding foreclosure unless execution remains unsatisfied.
- §21-49-20 Recovery proceedings not allowed pending foreclosure action.
- §21-49-21 Time for defendant's answer.
- §21-49-22 Injunction against injury to property--Duration.
- §21-49-23 Judgment rendered for amount due and costs--Sale of property and delivery to purchaser--Lien priorities.
- §21-49-24 Sale by court-appointed officer--Levy not required.
- §21-49-25 Notice of sale--Contents.
- §21-49-26 Mortgagee may purchase at sale--Bid required.
- §21-49-27 Bid of less than full debt amount--Requirements--Execution for deficiency.
- §21-49-28 Foreclosure as complete satisfaction of debt.
- §21-49-29 Application of sale proceeds.
- §21-49-30 Certificate of sale to purchaser--Contents--Recording--Commencement of redemption period.
- §21-49-31 Redemption defined.
- §21-49-32 Waste of property restrained during redemption period.
- §21-49-33 Right of judgment debtor and lien holders to redeem.
- §21-49-34 Payments by persons redeeming.
- §21-49-35 Notice of redemption--Form--Recording.
- §21-49-36 Certificate of redemption--Contents.
- §21-49-37 Recording certificate of redemption.
- §21-49-38 Deed issued after short redemption or abandonment period--Maximum period.
- §21-49-39 Repealed.
- §21-49-40 Citation of chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.