2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 44. Termination Of Life Estates
- §21-44-1 Definition of terms.
- §21-44-2 Recording of death certificate for joint tenant or life tenant--Prima facie evidence--Recording of inheritance tax determination--Affidavit identifying property involved.
- §21-44-3 Proceeding for termination of life estate--Contents of verified petition.
- §21-44-4 Joinder of proceedings as to two or more life tenants.
- §21-44-5 Joinder of proceedings as to all property held by life tenant.
- §21-44-6 Life estates in personal property subject to termination--Joinder with proceedings as to real property.
- §21-44-7 Lis pendens notice required if property in another county affected.
- §21-44-8 Order fixing time and place for hearing on petition--Contents.
- §21-44-9 Publication of notice of hearing--Mail notice to parties--Other notice ordered by court.
- §21-44-10 Proceedings for determination of inheritance tax due--Inventory--Service on Department of Revenue--Jurisdiction to determine tax.
- §21-44-11 Validation of prior inheritance tax determinations in circuit court.
- §21-44-12 Persons permitted to appear at hearing on termination of estate.
- §21-44-13 Procedure on contested petitions.
- §21-44-14 Inquiry and proof required on uncontested petition.
- §21-44-15 Clear and convincing proof required--Adjournment to secure additional evidence--Affidavits to establish death of life tenant.
- §21-44-16 Statement or affidavit establishing death of person in military service.
- §21-44-17 Presumption of death after seven years' absence.
- §21-44-18 Denial of petition if proof insufficient--Order to proceed in quiet title action.
- §21-44-19 Judgment finding life tenant deceased and terminating life estate--Effect of judgment.
- §21-44-20 Validation of prior proceedings as to personal property.
- §21-44-21 Validation of prior proceedings joining different claims as to personal property--Protection of vested rights.
- §21-44-22 Validation of prior proceedings where notice or allegations were insufficient.
- §21-44-23 Recording of judgment terminating estate--Prima facie evidence.
- §21-44-24 Action to set aside judgment terminating estate--Bona fide purchaser or encumbrancer protected.
- §21-44-25 Prospective and retrospective application of chapter.
- §21-44-26 Remedy not exclusive.
- §21-44-27 Termination of spousal joint tenancy by any interested person.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.