2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 41. Actions To Quiet Title To Real Property
- §21-41-1 Action authorized--Purposes of action--Persons authorized to maintain action--Parties defendant.
- §21-41-2 Joinder of causes of action as to different tracts or parcels--Common interest required.
- §21-41-3 Request before action for quitclaim deed--Expense tendered--Costs and attorney fee taxed if plaintiff successful in action.
- §21-41-4 Joinder of parties plaintiff.
- §21-41-5 Joinder of known claimants as defendants.
- §21-41-6 Joinder of unknown claimants as defendants--Proof of want of knowledge.
- §21-41-7 Filing of complaint and summons--Form for summons.
- §21-41-8 Service of summons on named defendants.
- §21-41-9 Service by publication on unknown defendants--Mail service not required--Effect of service by publication.
- §21-41-10 Validation of prior judgments based on personal service outside state--Rights barred by no action.
- §21-41-11 Contents of complaint.
- §21-41-12 Lis pendens notice filed with register of deeds--Constructive notice--Destruction of records.
- §21-41-13 Disclaimer by defendant to avoid costs.
- §21-41-14 Contents of defendant's answer--Counterclaim permitted.
- §21-41-15 Counterclaim for improvements to include value of land and improvements--Issue and findings on valuation.
- §21-41-16 Judgment on counterclaim for improvements--Payment for land on default by plaintiff.
- §21-41-17 Enforcement against property of claim against deceased defendant.
- §21-41-18 Jurisdiction of court to determine rights in decedents' estates.
- §21-41-19 Jurisdiction of decedent's estate from time of publication of summons.
- §21-41-20 Inheritance tax determination in action--Service on Department of Revenue--Judgment of freedom from inheritance tax.
- §21-41-21 Obsolete.
- §21-41-22 Allowance of plaintiff's claim for improvements--Value alleged in complaint.
- §21-41-23 Judgment for defendant requiring payment for plaintiff's improvements--Payment for land on default by defendant.
- §21-41-24 Bond required to indemnify against defenses permitted after judgment.
- §21-41-25 Relief from default judgment--Rights of good faith purchaser preserved.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.