2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 35. Condemnation Under Power Of Eminent Domain
- §21-35-1 Condemnors covered by chapter--Petition for ascertainment of compensation by jury.
- §21-35-1.1 Trans-state transmission line construction--Eminent domain.
- §21-35-2 Contents of petition for ascertainment of compensation.
- §21-35-3 Amendment of petition and notice.
- §21-35-4 Verification of petition--Statement of good faith.
- §21-35-5 Attachment of document authorizing condemnation.
- §21-35-6 Additional pleadings not required.
- §21-35-7 Interpleader of adverse claimants to compensation.
- §21-35-8 Notice of pendency of action filed with register of deeds--Effect of recording.
- §21-35-9 Summons to defendants--Contents.
- §21-35-10 Publication of summons to unknown or nonresident owners--Personal service outside state.
- §21-35-10.1 Hearing on right to take--Time for demand--Waiver of right to question necessity--Finding of necessity as binding.
- §21-35-11 Offer to deposit compensation with clerk--Evidence of offer not admissible--Costs avoided.
- §21-35-12 Order to summon jury on default.
- §21-35-13 Special term of court for jury trial--Challenge of jurors--Conduct of trial--Default by plaintiff.
- §21-35-14 Continuance of proceedings as to defendants not served.
- §21-35-15 Issue tried by jury.
- §21-35-16 View of premises by jury.
- §21-35-17 Benefits of municipal improvement considered by jury.
- §21-35-18 Compensation determined for each parcel.
- §21-35-19 Recording of verdict--Judgment on verdict.
- §21-35-20 Appeal to Supreme Court--Improvement not delayed--Security for payment of award.
- §21-35-21 Highway provisions not affected--Proceeding cumulative.
- §21-35-22 Defendant's expenses paid by plaintiff on dismissal.
- §21-35-23 Allowance of expenses where judgment greatly exceeds offer.
- §21-35-24 Railroad or gas or electric utility property condemned for coal pipelines--Declaration of taking--Contents.
- §21-35-25 Vesting of title to property and right to compensation.
- §21-35-26 Terms of surrender of possession--Notice--Hearing--Orders of court.
- §21-35-27 Service of declaration of taking on defendants.
- §21-35-28 Amendment of declaration of taking.
- §21-35-29 Deposit with court required.
- §21-35-30 Order for payment from deposit--Judgment for amount by which final award exceeds deposit.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.