2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 32. Remedies Against The State
- §21-32-1 Office of Commissioner of Claims created--Appointment of circuit judge to act.
- §21-32-2 Limitation of actions on claims against the state.
- §21-32-3 Filing of petition on claim for which no appointment--Certification to presiding circuit judge--Appointment of commissioner--Filing if claim arose, or petitioner resides, out of state.
- §21-32-4 Service of petition on attorney general--Answer and defense by attorney general.
- §21-32-5 Time and place fixed for hearing claim--Notice to attorney general.
- §21-32-6 Evidence received at hearing on claim--Adjournment of hearing.
- §21-32-7 Filing of commissioner's findings on claim against the state--Submission to Governor and Legislature--Findings advisory only.
- §21-32-8 State as defendant in actions involving property.
- §21-32-9 Service on attorney general in property action involving state--Appearance and representation of state.
- §21-32-10 Original action in Supreme Court on claim disallowed by state auditor--Filing of complaint.
- §21-32-11 Undertaking for costs filed by plaintiff in Supreme Court action.
- §21-32-12 Service of complaint and notice to plead on attorney general--Pleading by attorney general.
- §21-32-13 Trial of action in Supreme Court.
- §21-32-14 Execution not issued against state--Judgment certified to state auditor--Payment of damages.
- §21-32-15 Liability insurance--Purchase by state.
- §21-32-16 Waiver of immunity to extent of insurance coverage--Consent to suit.
- §21-32-17 Immunity of state officers, employees, and agents.
- §21-32-18 Service on attorney general required for waiver--Judgment void without service.
- §21-32-19 Payment of certain medical and property damage claims against state--Rules.
- §21-32-20 Sovereign immunity not waived.
- §21-32-21 Effectiveness of § 21-32-19.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.