2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 19. Claim Of Homestead And Personal Property Exemptions
- §21-19-1 Definition of terms.
- §21-19-2 Affidavit required to levy on homestead in excess of exemption--Contents--Filing and service of notice of levy and affidavit.
- §21-19-3 Notice of levy on property--Contents--Statement as to claim of exemptions.
- §21-19-4 Service on debtor of notice of levy.
- §21-19-5 Effect of levy made without notice--Time allowed for claim of exemptions--Restoration on claim of exemptions without notice of levy.
- §21-19-6 Court order for substitute method of making service.
- §21-19-7 Retention of property levied after notice to debtor.
- §21-19-8 Sale of perishable property seized--Retention of proceeds.
- §21-19-9 Time allowed for claim of exemptions--Claim by debtor's dependent.
- §21-19-10 Contents of claim of exemptions--Schedule of property.
- §21-19-11 Verification of claim required.
- §21-19-12 Failure to claim additional exemptions as waiver.
- §21-19-13 Relief from default in claiming exemptions--Effect on prior proceedings.
- §21-19-14 Procedure for claim exclusive except as to absolute exemptions.
- §21-19-15 Absolute exemptions not waived by failure to claim--Proceedings to reach homestead exceeding exemption.
- §21-19-16 Retention of property claimed as exempt until final determination.
- §21-19-17 Application and order for immediate release of items of definite value--Earnings necessary for support of debtor and family.
- §21-19-18 Release of exempt property on failure of creditor to answer.
- §21-19-19 Creditor's answer to claim of exemptions--Specification of disputed facts and valuations.
- §21-19-20 Disputed valuation of homestead--Demand for appraisal.
- §21-19-21 Appointment of appraisers.
- §21-19-22 Specification of items to be appraised--Undisputed valuations--Appraisal of homestead.
- §21-19-23 Appraisement at fair market value--Completion and filing of appraisement.
- §21-19-24 Hearing on appraisement--Valuations accepted unless questioned--Recitals in court order on appraisement.
- §21-19-25 Amendment of papers filed.
- §21-19-26 Order releasing exempt property--Amended claim where exemptions claimed exceed limitations.
- §21-19-27 Valuation of additional property to permit full benefit of exemptions--Selection and release of additional property.
- §21-19-28 Division and setting aside homestead exceeding limitations--Court order where division not feasible.
- §21-19-29 Sale of homestead--Disposition of proceeds--Postponement of sale to permit payment by debtor.
- §21-19-30 Stay of proceedings on appeal from order--Security required.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.