2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 17A. Attachment Of Property
- §21-17A-1 Attachment by creditor.
- §21-17A-2 Issuance and direction of writ--Contents.
- §21-17A-3 Affidavit required for execution in debt action--Contents.
- §21-17A-4 Affidavit required for execution in tort action--Contents.
- §21-17A-5 Action and writ on demand not due--Grounds--Affidavit--Bond--Damages and costs for defendant.
- §21-17A-6 Amendment of affidavit.
- §21-17A-7 Bond required of plaintiff--Amount--Terms--Affidavit of surety--Exemption of state and subdivisions.
- §21-17A-8 Additional security--Application by defendant--Joint sureties.
- §21-17A-9 Return--Papers filed--Time allowed.
- §21-17A-10 Service on defendant--Appraisal--Inventory--Lien created--Multiple writs executed on same property.
- §21-17A-11 Seizure of property.
- §21-17A-12 Real property attached by filing.
- §21-17A-13 Property subject to attachment--Personal property.
- §21-17A-14 Indemnification--Officer requiring.
- §21-17A-15 Sale of attached property--Grounds--Proceeds held in lieu of property.
- §21-17A-16 Keeping of property by officer--Collections--Legal proceedings.
- §21-17A-17 Defendant's bond for release from attachment--Justification of sureties.
- §21-17A-18 Copy of defendant's bond to plaintiff--Objection to sureties--Responsibility of officer.
- §21-17A-19 Modification of writ--Notice of motion--Combining motions.
- §21-17A-20 Motion to quash writ and release property--Service of notice of motion.
- §21-17A-21 Contents of notice of motion--Affidavit--Grounds.
- §21-17A-22 Hearing on motion--Order of court.
- §21-17A-23 Basis of determination--Additional evidence--Continuance.
- §21-17A-24 Priority of hearing on motion to quash.
- §21-17A-25 Findings and order of court on hearing--Costs taxed--Damages assessed at trial.
- §21-17A-26 Judgment for damages to defendant.
- §21-17A-27 Delivery of property on judgment for defendant--Action on plaintiff's bond.
- §21-17A-28 Satisfaction of judgment for plaintiff--Delivery of remaining property.
- §21-17A-29 Plaintiff prosecuting actions officer authorized to bring--Indemnification of officer.
- §21-17A-30 Death of defendant--Satisfaction of judgment for plaintiff.
- §21-17A-31 Third party's property--Application for release.
- §21-17A-32 Injunction not precluded.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.