2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 03A. Periodic Payments Of Certain Judgments And Settlements
- §21-3A-1 Definition of terms.
- §21-3A-1.1 Purposes of chapter.
- §21-3A-1.2 Applicability of chapter.
- §21-3A-2 Action for bodily injury--Effective election--Objection to election--Time requirements--Action not tried under chapter--Withdrawal of election.
- §21-3A-3 Calculation of damages by trier of fact.
- §21-3A-4 Evidence and calculation of future damages--Jury instructions concerning future damages.
- §21-3A-5 Judgment entered on verdict requiring special damages.
- §21-3A-6 Judgment for periodic installments--Adjustment--Index factor--Schedule of payments.
- §21-3A-7 Security authorized for payment of judgment for periodic installments.
- §21-3A-8 Posting of security by judgment debtor or insurer--Failure to comply--Right to lump-sum payment--Wrongful death action--Right of reimbursement.
- §21-3A-9 Discount factor.
- §21-3A-10 Survivorship of liability for installment payments--Wrongful death action--Qualifying survivor defined.
- §21-3A-11 Satisfaction of judgment and discharge of debtor.
- §21-3A-12 Rules established by director of Division of Insurance.
- §21-3A-13 Provisions of chapter severable.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.