2011 South Dakota Code
Title 21 JUDICIAL REMEDIES
Chapter 01. Actions For Damages Generally
- §21-1-1 Right to damages for detriment from unlawful act or omission of another.
- §21-1-2 Nominal damages for breach of duty without detriment.
- §21-1-3 Damages to be reasonable.
- §21-1-4 Exemplary or penal damages only as provided--Interest on damages.
- §21-1-4.1 Discovery and trial of exemplary damage claims.
- §21-1-5 Damages for breach of obligation not to exceed gain from full performance--Exceptions.
- §21-1-6 Market value considered in estimating damage to property.
- §21-1-7 Market value considered in estimating damages for deprivation of possession of property.
- §21-1-8 Peculiar value of property to plaintiff considered in damages against defendant with notice or willful wrongdoer.
- §21-1-9 Value of instrument presumed equal to value of property represented.
- §21-1-10 Damages awarded for detriment after commencement of action.
- §21-1-11 Interest awarded on damages certain.
- §21-1-12 Acceptance of principal as waiver of interest.
- §21-1-13 Interest on damages in discretion of jury.
- §21-1-13.1 Interest on damages--Prejudgment interest--Retroactive application.
- §21-1-13.2 Application of interest statutes.
- §21-1-14 Liability of issuer of bad check for collection costs--Costs included in restitution award.
- §21-1-15 Definitions.
- §21-1-16 Residential construction defects--Notice and opportunity to remedy--Time for inspection and offer to repair or compensate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.