2011 South Dakota Code
Title 16 COURTS AND JUDICIARY
Chapter 12C. Clerk Magistrates
- §16-12C-1 Appointment of clerk, deputy clerk as clerk magistrate--Valid in any circuit.
- §16-12C-2 Educational qualifications of clerk magistrate.
- §16-12C-2.1 Certification of clerk magistrate-Notice of termination.
- §16-12C-3 Attendance at institute prerequisite to taking office--Exception.
- §16-12C-4 Establishment and schedule of clerk magistrate's institutes--Court may require attendance.
- §16-12C-5 Authority to solemnize marriages--Fees.
- §16-12C-6 Authority to administer oaths, etc.
- §16-12C-7 Jurisdiction to issue summonses, warrants.
- §16-12C-8 Right to counsel in magistrate court.
- §16-12C-9 Jurisdiction--Committal--Conditions.
- §16-12C-10 Jurisdiction--Bonds and personal recognizance.
- §16-12C-11 Jurisdiction--Petty offenses--Acceptance of pleas--Sentencing--Overweight vehicle penalties.
- §16-12C-12 Jurisdiction--Forfeiture of appearance bonds.
- §16-12C-13 Jurisdiction--Noncontested proceedings with limited damage amount.
- §16-12C-14 Record of proceedings before clerk magistrate--Stenographic record--Costs--Appeal.
- §16-12C-15 Right of appeal to circuit court.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.