2011 South Dakota Code
Title 16 COURTS AND JUDICIARY
Chapter 12B. Magistrate Judges
- §16-12B-1 Temporary transfer of magistrate judge--Powers and duties.
- §16-12B-1.1 Number of full-time magistrate judges.
- §16-12B-1.2 Certification and information on nominees for magistrate judge--Approval by Supreme Court.
- §16-12B-1.3 Term of magistrate judges--Removal.
- §16-12B-2 Service as magistrate by retired justice or judge--Effect of acts--Expenses.
- §16-12B-3 Authority to solemnize marriages--Fees.
- §16-12B-4 Authority to administer oaths, etc.
- §16-12B-5 Jurisdiction to issue summonses, warrants.
- §16-12B-6 Right to counsel in magistrate court.
- §16-12B-7 Jurisdiction--Bonds and personal recognizance.
- §16-12B-8 Jurisdiction--Acceptance of defaults and trial of certain petty offenses--Acceptance of pleas--Sentencing.
- §16-12B-9 Jurisdiction--Forfeiture of appearance bonds.
- §16-12B-10 Jurisdiction--Committal.
- §16-12B-11 Jurisdiction--Trial of minor criminal cases.
- §16-12B-12 Jurisdiction--Small claim proceedings.
- §16-12B-13 Jurisdiction--Trial of certain civil actions.
- §16-12B-14 Jurisdiction--Mental illness cases.
- §16-12B-14.1 Jurisdiction--Adult probationary drug court program.
- §16-12B-15 Record of proceedings in magistrate court--Stenographic record--Costs--Appeal.
- §16-12B-16 Right of appeal to circuit court.
- §16-12B-17 Practice of law by magistrates.
- §16-12B-18 Court practice prohibited to full-time magistrates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.