2011 South Dakota Code
Title 16 COURTS AND JUDICIARY
Chapter 06. Circuit Courts
- §16-6-1 Number of judges in judicial circuits.
- §16-6-2 Repealed.
- §16-6-2.1 Repealed.
- §16-6-3 Time of election of judges--Terms of office.
- §16-6-3.1 Superseded.
- §16-6-4 Repealed.
- §16-6-5 Superseded.
- §16-6-5.1 Additional compensation of presiding circuit judge--Not subject to certain retirement provisions.
- §16-6-6 Reimbursement of expenses of circuit judges--Waiver of right to claim travel expenses.
- §16-6-7 Courtroom facilities for circuit judges provided by counties.
- §16-6-8 Chancery and common-law jurisdiction of circuit court.
- §16-6-9 Original civil jurisdiction of circuit court.
- §16-6-9.1 Transfer to circuit court of cases pending in inferior courts--Facilities and services--Enforcement of judgments--Continuation of proceedings in circuit court.
- §16-6-9.2 Facsimile transmissions--Applicable statutory requirements.
- §16-6-10 Appellate jurisdiction of circuit court.
- §16-6-11 Repealed.
- §16-6-12 Original criminal jurisdiction of circuit court.
- §16-6-13 Repealed.
- §16-6-14 Circuit court jurisdiction as to persons detained.
- §16-6-15 Circuit court writs in exercise of powers.
- §16-6-16 Court always open for business--Place of hearings and determinations.
- §16-6-17 Issues of fact tried in proper county--Order at chambers any place within state.
- §16-6-18 Repealed.
- §16-6-19 Transferred.
- §16-6-20 Transferred.
- §16-6-21 to 16-6-28. Repealed.
- §16-6-29 Circuit judge as judge in any circuit--Effect of acts in other circuits--Separation from office.
- §16-6-30 Repealed.
- §16-6-31 Mandatory retirement of judges at age seventy--Conclusion of pending matters.
- §16-6-32 Service by retired justices and judges--Effect of acts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.