2011 South Dakota Code
Title 13 EDUCATION
Chapter 27. Compulsory School Attendance
- §13-27-1 Responsibility of person controlling child for school attendance--General education development test preparation program--Kindergarten--Transfer from another state.
- §13-27-1.2 Promulgation of rules on general education development testing.
- §13-27-1.1 Religious exemption after eighth grade.
- §13-27-2 Child excused from school.
- §13-27-3 Child excused if provided alternative instruction--Application--Investigation--Revocation--Restrictions--Testing.
- §13-27-3.1 Birth certificate or affidavit to be submitted--Violation as misdemeanor.
- §13-27-3.2 Maintenance of birth certificate by school as permanent record.
- §13-27-3.3 Report to district school board of children for whom birth certificate not furnished--Board to notify state's attorney.
- §13-27-3.4 Certified copy of birth certificate to be provided to certain persons at no cost.
- §13-27-4, 13-27-5. Repealed.
- §13-27-6 Child excused because of illness in family.
- §13-27-6.1 Student excused from attendance--Events of state, youth programs, and work as precinct election official.
- §13-27-7 Applications for excuse from attendance--Certificate issued by board president--Revocation--Grounds.
- §13-27-8 Appeal on attendance matters to state board--Burden of proof--Finality of decision.
- §13-27-9 Record of certificates of excuse from attendance--Copies to secretary and place of instruction.
- §13-27-10 Repealed.
- §13-27-11 Failure to send child to school as misdemeanor.
- §13-27-12 Enforcement powers and duties of secretary.
- §13-27-13 Repealed.
- §13-27-14 Truancy officer employed by district--Duties--President of board acting where no officer employed.
- §13-27-15 Attendance records maintained by superintendent or president of board--Reports required.
- §13-27-16 Warnings by school boards to send children to school--Report to truancy officer.
- §13-27-17 Investigations and records of truancy officer.
- §13-27-18 Neglect of duty by superintendent, president of board, school board, or truancy officer--Harboring or employment of truant child--Hindering attendance by child--Misdemeanor.
- §13-27-19 Power of truancy officers to apprehend truant children--Supervisory control by secretary.
- §13-27-20 Complaints against persons responsible for truancy--Contents of complaint--Verification.
- §13-27-21 Warrant for arrest of parent, guardian, or responsible person--Summons of witnesses.
- §13-27-22 Repealed.
- §13-27-23 Penalties invoked on finding of guilty.
- §13-27-24 to 13-27-27. Repealed.
- §13-27-28 Disobedience of circuit court order as contempt.
- §13-27-29 Placement of child who has attended unaccredited school or alternative program--Appeal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.