2011 South Dakota Code
Title 12 ELECTIONS
Chapter 01. General Provisions And State Board
- §12-1-1 Elections to which title applies.
- §12-1-1.1 Laws applicable to election of county officers.
- §12-1-2 Application to local elections.
- §12-1-2.1 Option to adopt campaign finance law.
- §12-1-3 Definition of terms used in title.
- §12-1-4 Criteria for determining voting residence.
- §12-1-5 State board created--Members--Terms--Vacancies--Oath.
- §12-1-6 Per diem and expenses.
- §12-1-7 Assistance by secretary of state's office.
- §12-1-7.1 Repealed.
- §12-1-8 Legal assistance to board.
- §12-1-9 Rule-making power of board.
- §12-1-10 Recommendations to secretary of state.
- §12-1-11 Costs paid by county--Exception for local elections.
- §12-1-12 Political party office prohibited in county courthouse.
- §12-1-13 Challenge to petition--Specific deficiencies.
- §12-1-14 Verification of petition signatures challenged--Written declaration of validity.
- §12-1-15 Notification of candidate or sponsor if petition declared invalid.
- §12-1-16 Other legal remedies to challenge petition not precluded.
- §12-1-17 Computation of time allowed for election notice or filing.
- §12-1-18 Time when petition may be circulated.
- §12-1-19, 12-1-20. Repealed.
- §12-1-21 Complaints filed under the Help America Vote Act.
- §12-1-22 Arbitration of complaints under Help America Vote Act--Appointment of arbitrator--Time for resolution.
- §12-1-23 Time and place of hearing--Notice to parties.
- §12-1-24 Subpoena issued by arbitrator--Service and enforcement.
- §12-1-25 Depositions permitted by arbitrators--Compelling testimony.
- §12-1-26 Evidence presented by parties--Cross-examination.
- §12-1-27 Adjournment or postponement of hearing--Failure of party to appear.
- §12-1-28 Issuance of resolution--Delivery to parties.
- §12-1-29 Payment of expenses of proceedings.
- §12-1-30 Grounds to vacate resolution--New arbitrator.
- §12-1-31 Invalid candidacy on nominating petition--Vacancy after primary election.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.