2011 South Dakota Code
Title 1 STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
Chapter 26E. Legislative Review of State Agencies
§1-26E-4 Committees to hold public hearings--Burden of proof--Required information.
1-26E-4. Committees to hold public hearings--Burden of proof--Required information. Each committee shall hold public hearings and receive testimony from the public and all interested parties. The state agency under review shall bear the burden of establishing that sufficient public need is present to justify its continued existence. The state agency under review shall provide the committee with the following information:
(1) The identity of all offices under the direct or advisory control of the state agency;
(2) All powers, duties, and functions currently performed by the state agency;
(3) All constitutional, statutory, or other authority under which the powers, duties, and functions of the state agency are carried out;
(4) Any powers, duties, or functions which the state agency is performing and which is duplicated by another state agency within the state including the manner in which, and the extent to which, the duplication of effort is occurring and any recommendations as to eliminating the duplications;
(5) Any powers, duties, or functions which are inconsistent with current and projected public needs and which should be terminated or altered; and
(6) Any other information which the committee feels is necessary and proper to carry out its review and evaluative duties.
Source: SL 2003, ch 19, § 4
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.