2011 South Dakota Code
Title 1 STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
Chapter 20. Archaeological Exploration
- §1-20-1 to 1-20-16. Repealed.
- §1-20-17 Legislative findings--Purpose of chapter.
- §1-20-18 Definition of terms.
- §1-20-19 Employment and qualifications of state archaeologist.
- §1-20-20 Duties of state archaeologist--Employment of personnel.
- §1-20-21 Statewide survey of archaeological sites--Records.
- §1-20-21.1 Agreements involving archaeological survey or assessment work--Fee schedule.
- §1-20-21.2 Confidentiality of records pertaining to location of archaeological site--Exceptions.
- §1-20-22 Notice to board of projects endangering archaeological sites--Notice to contractors.
- §1-20-23 Investigation of endangered archaeological sites.
- §1-20-24 Initiation of action by board--Recovery of archaeological data--Contractor's cost.
- §1-20-25 Reservation of right of field investigation on public lands--Property of state.
- §1-20-26 Cooperation with state archaeologist by public agencies.
- §1-20-27 Reservation from sale of state archaeological sites--Release when examination complete.
- §1-20-28 Reservation by state of archaeological interest in land transferred.
- §1-20-29 Policy as to investigations on private land.
- §1-20-30 Designation of archaeological register sites--Consent required.
- §1-20-31 Notice of designation of archaeological site--Permit required for field investigation.
- §1-20-32 Issuance of exploration permits--Qualifications of permittees.
- §1-20-33 Reports to state archaeologist of exploration results.
- §1-20-34 Specimens collected as state property--Arrangements for disposition.
- §1-20-35 Unauthorized investigation as misdemeanor--Forfeiture of materials found.
- §1-20-36 Trespass on private land--Misdemeanor.
- §1-20-37 Forgery and misrepresentation of archaeological objects--Sale of unlawfully collected objects--Misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.