2011 South Dakota Code
Title 1 STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
Chapter 19A. Preservation of Historic Sites
§1-19A-26 Determining heritage areas.
1-19A-26. Determining heritage areas. The board shall consider the following when determining if a county, municipality, or township is designated as a heritage area:
(1) Whether there is an established program which interprets the entirety of the historic properties to both the residents and visiting public of the proposed heritage area;
(2) Whether there is an adopted and actively implemented historic preservation plan encompassing all of the historic properties within the proposed heritage area;
(3) Whether there is a demonstrated ability to use historic properties within the proposed heritage area to contribute to the economic welfare of this state;
(4) Whether the proposed heritage area is readily identifiable to the visiting public;
(5) Whether there are established effective partnerships among public, private, and nonprofit entities appropriate for the protection and promotion of the proposed heritage area; and
(6) Whether the quality of the preservation, interpretation, and management of the proposed heritage area meets the standards established by the board.
Source: SL 1994, ch 17, § 2.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.