2011 South Dakota Code
Title 1 STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
Chapter 19A. Preservation of Historic Sites
§1-19A-2 Definition of terms.
1-19A-2. Definition of terms. Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) "Board," the State Historical Society Board of Trustees established by § 1-18-12.2;
(2) "Historic preservation," the research, protection, restoration, and rehabilitation of districts, sites, buildings, structures, and objects significant in the history, architecture, archaeology, paleontology, or culture of the state;
(3) "Historic property," any building, structure, object, district, area, or site that is significant in the history, architecture, archaeology, paleontology, or culture of the state, its communities or the nation;
(4) "Office" or "Office of History," the Office of History of the Department of Tourism;
(5) "Rehabilitation," returning property to a state of utility, through expansion, addition, repair, or alteration, which makes possible an efficient contemporary use while retaining those portions of the property, which qualify such property for placement on the state register of historic places;
(6) "Restoration," the repair or replacement of historically significant features which qualify a structure or object for recognition by the state register of historic places.
Source: SL 1973, ch 14, § 2; SL 1973, ch 2, § 254 (a); SL 1978, ch 11, § 1; SL 1980, ch 12, § 2; SL 1987, ch 19, § 1; SL 2003, ch 272 (Ex. Ord. 03-1), § 80; SL 2011, ch 1 (Ex. Ord. 11-1), § 91, eff. Apr. 12, 2011.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.