2011 South Dakota Code
Title 1 STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
Chapter 16H. Science and Technology Authority
§1-16H-31.3 Declaration of taking--Contents.
1-16H-31.3. Declaration of taking--Contents. In any proceeding initiated under this chapter and chapter 21-35, the authority may, at any time before final judicial determination of the rights of the parties, file a declaration of taking, signed by the authority, declaring the extent of the subsurface property interest taken for the use of the authority.
The declaration of taking shall contain:
(1) A statement of the authority under which and the use for which the subsurface property interest is taken;
(2) A description of the subsurface property interest taken sufficient for identification thereof;
(3) A legal description of the subsurface property subject to or affected by the taking;
(4) The names of the owners of the property or persons in interest in the subsurface property, and a description of the interest claimed by each, as are known;
(5) A statement of the sum of money estimated by the authority to be just compensation for the subsurface property interest taken and damaged; and
(6) A detailed appraisal upon which the amount of the authority's estimate is based.
Source: SL 2005, ch 12, § 3.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.