2011 South Dakota Code
Title 1 STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT
Chapter 01. State Sovereignty and Jurisdiction
- §1-1-1 Territorial extent of sovereignty and jurisdiction--Cessions to United States.
- §1-1-1.1 Retrocession of jurisdiction over federal enclaves--Indian lands excluded--Filing of documents.
- §1-1-2 Federal jurisdiction over previously acquired land--Prior grants confirmed--Reserved jurisdiction to serve process.
- §1-1-2.1 Concurrent federal and state jurisdiction over crimes on national park, memorial, and monument lands.
- §1-1-2.2 Vesting and duration of concurrent jurisdiction.
- §1-1-2.3 Acceptance of retrocession of exclusive federal jurisdiction.
- §1-1-2.4 Memoranda of agreement.
- §1-1-2.5 Concurrent federal jurisdiction--Federal Prison Camp.
- §1-1-3 Consent to land acquisition by United States--Acreage limit.
- §1-1-4 Jurisdiction of federally acquired land--Tax exemption.
- §1-1-5 Service of process on federally acquired land.
- §1-1-6 Consent to federal land acquisitions for conservation purposes--Reserved jurisdiction.
- §1-1-7 Appraisal and sale of county land to United States for conservation purposes.
- §1-1-8 Legislative power over federally acquired lands.
- §1-1-9 Map of federal acquisitions to be filed--Recording of evidence of title.
- §1-1-10 Land entry authorized to survey boundaries--Consent required to enter mine--Damage to property.
- §1-1-11 Repealed.
- §1-1-12 Indian country--Assumption of jurisdiction.
- §1-1-13 Tribal referendum on jurisdiction of Indian lands--Notice of result to county commissioners--Failure to take referendum.
- §1-1-14 Resolution of county commissioners assuming jurisdiction--Contract for federal reimbursement of costs.
- §1-1-15 Prosecution of criminal offenses on Indian lands.
- §1-1-16 Indian hunting, trapping and fishing rights preserved.
- §1-1-17 Highways in Indian lands--Acceptance of jurisdiction.
- §1-1-18 Indian country--Assumption of jurisdiction.
- §1-1-19 Negotiation and acceptance of federal reimbursement of costs of jurisdiction.
- §1-1-20 Provisional repeal of prior assumption of jurisdiction of Indian lands.
- §1-1-21 Governor's proclamation required for assumption of jurisdiction.
- §1-1-22 "Law" defined.
- §1-1-23 Expressions of sovereign will.
- §1-1-24 Common law and law merchant applied--Evidence of common law.
- §1-1-25 When order or judgment of tribal court may be recognized in state courts.
- §1-1-26 Acceptance by state agencies or higher education facilities of matricula consular card as identification.
- §1-1-27 Legislature to authorize state or state agency transfer of title of real property to the federal government.
- §1-1-28 Exception to application of provisions of § 1-1-27.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Dakota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.