There is a newer version of this Chapter
2021 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 56 - Motor Vehicles
Chapter 10 - Motor Vehicle Registration And Financial Security
ARTICLE 1 Vehicle Financial Security and Other Matters
- Section 56-10-10. Security required on registered vehicles.
- Section 56-10-20. Type of security required.
- Section 56-10-30. Automatic suspension of registration upon lapse or termination of security.
- Section 56-10-40. Providers of insurance or security to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of termination or lapse; notice to person holding registration.
- Section 56-10-45. Confiscation of registration certificates and license plates.
- Section 56-10-46. Enhanced proof of insurance requests following lapse or termination.
- Section 56-10-50. Suspension of registration not to affect title to vehicle.
- Section 56-10-210. Definitions.
- Section 56-10-220. Requirement that vehicle sought to be registered be insured; proof; regulations.
- Section 56-10-225. Proof of insurance and financial responsibility in vehicle; penalties.
- Section 56-10-230. Notice of termination of insurance.
- Section 56-10-240. Requirement that upon loss of insurance, insured obtain new insurance or surrender registration and plates; written notice by insurer; suspension of registration and plates; appeal of suspension; enforcement; penalties.
- Section 56-10-245. Per diem fine for lapse in required coverage.
- Section 56-10-250. Unlawful to sell vehicle with suspended registration to family member.
- Section 56-10-260. False certificate or false evidence of insurance; penalties; special restricted driver's licenses.
- Section 56-10-280. Insurance not to be issued for period less than six months; contract or policy valid for at least sixty days; cancellation within sixty days.
- Section 56-10-510. Registration of uninsured motor vehicle; fee; use of fee; certificate of insurance; penalties for failure to submit certificate of insurance.
- Section 56-10-520. Operating or permitting operation of motor vehicle without first paying uninsured motor vehicle fee; misdemeanor violation; record of conviction for violations of this section; suspension of license, registration certificates, and license plates.
- Section 56-10-530. Involvement in accident resulting in death, injury, or property damage when uninsured motor vehicle fee unpaid; suspension of driver's license, license plates and registration certificates; contested case hearing.
- Section 56-10-535. Conviction of certain traffic violations; requirement of furnishing proof of financial responsibility.
- Section 56-10-540. Other proof of financial responsibility; suspension and return of driver's license, registration, certificates, and license plates and decals.
- Section 56-10-550. Deposit of funds collected in Uninsured Motorists Fund.
- Section 56-10-551. Cancellation or termination of insurance policy certified under this chapter; notice to director.
- Section 56-10-552. Uninsured Enforcement Fund; use of reinstatement fee.
- Section 56-10-553. Collection data and maintenance of statistics.
- Section 56-10-554. Recoupment Fund; recoupment of facility assessments or losses; discontinuance of collection for recoupment of facilities losses.
- Section 56-10-610. Short title.
- Section 56-10-615. Information regarding cancellations; requests for proof of insurance.
- Section 56-10-620. Definitions.
- Section 56-10-630. Purpose of article.
- Section 56-10-640. Requirement that upon loss of insurance, insured obtain new insurance or surrender registration and plates; written notice by insurer; suspension of driving privileges, license plate and registration; appeal; enforcement; penalties.
- Section 56-10-650. Suspension of owner's driving privileges and license plates of uninsured motor vehicle; notification of owner; proof of insurance.
- Section 56-10-660. Database information disclosure; fee.
- Section 56-10-670. Scope of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.