2021 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 27 - Property and Conveyances
Chapter 39 - Rent
ARTICLE 1 General Provisions
- Section 27-39-10. Collection of agricultural rents and advances; liens therefor not affected.
- Section 27-39-20. Validity of payment of rent for period longer than twelve months.
- Section 27-39-30. Effect of payment of rent to grantor or conusor.
- Section 27-39-40. Action for debt may be brought for rent on lease or demise for life.
- Section 27-39-60. Counties and municipal corporations restricted from regulating rent charged for certain dwellings.
- Section 27-39-210. Commencement of proceedings for collection of rent by distress.
- Section 27-39-220. Predistress hearing.
- Section 27-39-230. Property exempt from distress.
- Section 27-39-240. Enforcement of distress warrant.
- Section 27-39-250. Property of third party on premises.
- Section 27-39-270. Property removed from premises.
- Section 27-39-280. Distraint after expiration of lease of tenant for life of another.
- Section 27-39-290. Reasonableness of distress.
- Section 27-39-300. Damages for unreasonable and excessive distress.
- Section 27-39-310. Giving bond to free property from distraint.
- Section 27-39-320. Sale of distrained property.
- Section 27-39-330. Tax liens on property sold under distress.
- Section 27-39-340. Persons who may be purchasers at sale.
- Section 27-39-350. Disposition of proceeds from sale.
- Section 27-39-360. Remedy of distress deemed cumulative.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.