There is a newer version of this Chapter
2021 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 26 - Notaries Public and Acknowledgements
Chapter 6 - Uniform Electronic Transactions Act
- Section 26-6-10. Short title; purpose.
- Section 26-6-20. Definitions.
- Section 26-6-30. Applicability to electronic records and electronic signatures relating to transaction; exceptions.
- Section 26-6-40. Prospective application of chapter.
- Section 26-6-50. Agreement of parties to conduct transactions by electronic means.
- Section 26-6-60. Construction and application.
- Section 26-6-70. Legality of electronic contracts, records, and signatures.
- Section 26-6-80. Satisfying requirement that information be in writing; complying with manner of transmission and format requirements; exceptions.
- Section 26-6-90. Showing that electronic record or signature is attributable to a person; effect of electronic record or signature.
- Section 26-6-100. Change or error in transmission of electronic record; circumstances under which effect may be avoided; applicability of other law.
- Section 26-6-110. Satisfying requirement that signature or record be notarized.
- Section 26-6-120. Satisfying law requiring a record to be maintained; checks.
- Section 26-6-130. Admissibility as evidence.
- Section 26-6-140. Automated transactions; formation of contract.
- Section 26-6-150. When electronic record sent and received.
- Section 26-6-160. Establishing person as having control of transferable record; rights and defenses; proof of control.
- Section 26-6-170. Creation and retention of electronic records by government agencies.
- Section 26-6-180. Government agencies sending and accepting electronic records and signatures; format.
- Section 26-6-190. Development of standards and procedures; service of process.
- Section 26-6-195. Service of process to e-mail address by government agency.
- Section 26-6-210. Applicability of Computer Crime Act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.