2020 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 27 - Property and Conveyances
Chapter 32 - Vacation Time Sharing Plans
ARTICLE 1 Vacation Time Sharing Plans
2000 Act No. 262, Section 2, provides as follows:
"Sections 27-32-10 through 27-32-250 of the 1976 Code are designated as Article 1 of Chapter 32, Title 27, and entitled 'Vacation Time Sharing Plans'."
- Section 27-32-10. Definitions.
- Section 27-32-20. Advertisement or conveyance of plan in absence of licensure of seller and prior registration of plan prohibited; materials to be furnished commission by seller of plans; exemptions.
- Section 27-32-30. Materials to be kept among business records of seller of plans.
- Section 27-32-40. Furnishing copy of contract to purchaser; terms thereof.
- Section 27-32-50. Request to cancel contract.
- Section 27-32-55. Vacation time sharing resale services; written contract; and other requirements.
- Section 27-32-60. Refund upon cancellation; escrow account.
- Section 27-32-70. Misrepresentation of right to cancel.
- Section 27-32-80. Transfer of seller's interest in plan or facilities to third party.
- Section 27-32-90. Escrow accounts; provisions; refunds; audits and examinations; disputed funds; investments and interest; record keeping; financial assurances.
- Section 27-32-95. Reserved by 2003, Act 84, Section 1.
- Section 27-32-100. Public offering statements; contents.
- Section 27-32-110. Prohibited practices.
- Section 27-32-115. Finder's fees; limitations on finder's activities.
- Section 27-32-120. Penalties for violation of chapter; effect on contract.
- Section 27-32-130. Enforcement and implementation of chapter; regulations.
- Section 27-32-140. Materials required to be filed with plans concerning facilities not substantially completed.
- Section 27-32-150. Fee for registration and renewal of vacation time sharing plans; examination of documentation pertaining to advertisement or sale; expenses for investigation and prosecution.
- Section 27-32-160. Grants in aid and contracts with similar agencies to further objectives.
- Section 27-32-170. Proceeds from sale or exchange exempt from sales tax.
- Section 27-32-180. Registration of persons engaging in the sale of vacation time sharing plans; form and contents; exemption for regular employees of seller; fees; seller's supervision and control; renewal.
- Section 27-32-190. Registration of plans; powers of the commission.
- Section 27-32-200. Vacation Time Sharing Recovery Fund.
- Section 27-32-210. Recovery from fund; conditions.
- Section 27-32-220. Limitations on payments from fund.
- Section 27-32-230. Arbitration; automatic revocation of license; applicant receiving award to subrogate rights.
- Section 27-32-240. Property taxation of time share units; valuation; assessment; enforcement.
- Section 27-32-250. Sales or exchanges of vacation multiple ownership interests.
- Section 27-32-300. Short title.
- Section 27-32-305. Purpose.
- Section 27-32-310. Definitions.
- Section 27-32-315. Who may serve as trustee; appointment of successor trustee; notice of substitution of trustee.
- Section 27-32-320. Mortgage and assessment lien foreclosure statements; Resolution Trust Corporation mortgages.
- Section 27-32-325. Conditions for exercise of power of sale by trustee.
- Section 27-32-330. Notification of obligor; perfection of notice.
- Section 27-32-335. Contents, recording, and publication of notice of sale; right to cure default; copy to obligor; subsequent interests.
- Section 27-32-340. Certificate of compliance; contents; recording; reliance on lienholder for facts and circumstances of default.
- Section 27-32-345. Public sale procedures; certificate of sale.
- Section 27-32-350. Effect of sale on rights of parties; lienholder deficiency judgment; validity of sale presumed.
- Section 27-32-355. Trustee's deed; release of lien extinguished by sale.
- Section 27-32-360. Disposition of proceeds of sale; costs and fees.
- Section 27-32-365. Trustee's deed; contents; effect; liability of trustee.
- Section 27-32-370. Relation of article to other foreclosure proceedings; right of action preserved; severability; managing entity to release address of timeshare owner.
- Section 27-32-400. Citation of article.
- Section 27-32-405. Purpose.
- Section 27-32-410. Timeshare closing; time; representation; notice to purchaser; contents.
- Section 27-32-500. Short title.
- Section 27-32-505. Purposes of article.
- Section 27-32-510. Extension of vacation time sharing plan terms; voting; quorum; proxy.
- Section 27-32-520. Termination of vacation time sharing plan terms; effective date of termination; corporate status of vacation time sharing association; termination trustee; quorum; proxy.
- Section 27-32-530. Application of article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.