2020 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 20 - Domestic Relations
Chapter 4 - Protection From Domestic Abuse
ARTICLE 1 Protection From Domestic Abuse Act
- Section 20-4-10. Short title.
- Section 20-4-20. Definitions.
- Section 20-4-30. Jurisdiction.
- Section 20-4-40. Petition for order of protection.
- Section 20-4-50. Hearing on petition.
- Section 20-4-60. Order of protection; contents.
- Section 20-4-65. Order of protection from domestic abuse; filing fee.
- Section 20-4-70. Duration of order of protection; modification of terms.
- Section 20-4-80. Mailing or service of order.
- Section 20-4-90. Sheriff's department to assist in execution of order.
- Section 20-4-100. Responsibilities of law enforcement officer.
- Section 20-4-110. Immunity from civil or criminal liability.
- Section 20-4-120. Actions not affecting right to relief.
- Section 20-4-130. Applicability of other remedies.
- Section 20-4-160. Domestic Violence Fund.
- Section 20-4-310. Citation of article.
- Section 20-4-320. Definitions.
- Section 20-4-330. Judicial enforcement of foreign protection order; determining validity of order.
- Section 20-4-340. Enforcement by law enforcement officer; service of order on respondent.
- Section 20-4-350. Registration; presentation to family court; affidavit of currency; entry in state or federal registry; fee.
- Section 20-4-360. Immunity.
- Section 20-4-370. Remedies available to protected individual.
- Section 20-4-375. Filing false protection order; criminal penalty; civil liability.
- Section 20-4-380. Construction of act.
- Section 20-4-390. Severability.
- Section 20-4-395. Applicability.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.