2019 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 33 - Corporations, Partnerships and Associations
Chapter 44 - Uniform Limited Liability Company Act Of 1996
Section 33-44-203. Articles of organization.
(a) Articles of organization of a limited liability company must set forth:
(1) the name of the company;
(2) the address of the initial designated office;
(3) the name and street address of the initial agent for service of process;
(4) the name and address of each organizer;
(5) whether the company is to be a term company and, if so, the term specified;
(6) whether the company is to be manager-managed, and, if so, the name and address of each initial manager; and
(7) whether one or more of the members of the company are to be liable for its debts and obligations under Section 33-44-303(c).
(b) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may set forth:
(1) provisions permitted to be set forth in an operating agreement; or
(2) other matters not inconsistent with law.
(c) Articles of organization of a limited liability company may not vary the nonwaivable provisions of Section 33-44-103(b). As to all other matters, if any provision of an operating agreement is inconsistent with the articles of organization:
(1) the operating agreement controls as to managers, members, and members' transferees; and
(2) the articles of organization control as to persons, other than managers, members, and their transferees, who reasonably rely on the articles to their detriment.
HISTORY: 1996 Act No. 343, Section 2.