2019 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 27 - Property and Conveyances
Chapter 32 - Vacation Time Sharing Plans
Section 27-32-110. Prohibited practices.
It is a violation of this chapter for a seller of vacation time sharing plans to:
(1) use a promotional device including, but not limited to, sweepstakes, lodging certificates, gift awards, premiums, or discounts, without disclosing fully that the promotional device is used for the purpose of soliciting the sale of vacation time sharing plans;
(2) use a promotional device as described in item (1) to obtain the names and addresses of prospective purchasers without fully and prominently disclosing that names and addresses are acquired for the purpose of soliciting the sale of the vacation time sharing plans;
(3) misrepresent the amount of time or period of time the accommodations and facilities are available to a purchaser;
(4) misrepresent or deceptively represent the location of the offered accommodations and facilities;
(5) misrepresent the size, nature, extent, qualities, or characteristics of the offered accommodations and facilities;
(6) misrepresent the nature or extent of services incident to the accommodations and facilities;
(7) make misleading or deceptive representations with respect to the contents of the contract or the purchaser's rights, privileges, or benefits under it;
(8) fail to honor and comply with all provisions of the contract with the purchaser;
(9) misrepresent the conditions under which a purchaser may exchange his rights to an accommodation in one location for rights to an accommodation in another location;
(10) include in a contract a provision purporting to waive a right or benefit provided for purchasers pursuant to this chapter, or seek or solicit such a waiver during the effective period of these rules; and
(11) do any other act of fraud, misrepresentation, or failure to make a disclosure of a material fact.
HISTORY: 1978 Act No. 640, Section 1; 1979 Act No. 179, Section 1; 2003 Act No. 84, Section 1.