2019 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 27 - Property and Conveyances
Chapter 16 - Catawba Indian Claims Settlement Act
- Section 27-16-10. Short title.
- Section 27-16-20. Legislative findings.
- Section 27-16-30. Definitions.
- Section 27-16-40. Catawba Tribe subject to jurisdiction of state, except where otherwise expressly provided.
- Section 27-16-50. Monetary payments by state, federal governments; private payments; Trust Funds; limited waiver of immunity by state as to suit to collect; effect on certain other funding.
- Section 27-16-60. Ratification of transfer extinguishes other claims by or on behalf of Tribe; State law to govern transfer of property.
- Section 27-16-70. Tribal court of criminal jurisdiction; delineation of Tribal and state jurisdiction; Tribal peace officers; training; cross-deputization.
- Section 27-16-80. Tribal courts - original and appellate civil; full faith and credit; waiver of jurisdiction; appeal to nonTribal courts; claims and suits against Tribe; limited sovereign immunity; liability insurance; partial applicability of Tort Claims Act; satisfaction of judgments.
- Section 27-16-90. State may convey Existing Reservation to United States; Expanded Reservation; Expansion Zones; improvements in Expansion Zones; eminent domain; taxes; easements.
- Section 27-16-100. Tribal ownership of realty outside Reservation.
- Section 27-16-110. Bingo, video poker and similar devices; other gambling or wagering; state laws to govern; licenses; tax.
- Section 27-16-120. Building code; environmental law and regulation; land use plan; health code; hunting and fishing; littoral and riparian rights; regulation of alcohol.
- Section 27-16-130. Taxation of Tribe and tribal persons, entities, and property; taxation of persons or enterprises operating or doing business on Reservation.
- Section 27-16-140. Applicability of later-enacted federal law; chapter invalid if entire federal implementing legislation judicially invalidated; construction as between chapter and Settlement Agreement; copies of Settlement Agreement available.
- Section 27-16-150. Tribe not required to pay fee in lieu of school taxes.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.