2018 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 62 - South Carolina Probate Code
ARTICLE 5 - PROTECTION OF PERSONS UNDER DISABILITY AND THEIR PROPERTY
Section 62-5-416. Reporting requirements.
Section effective January 1, 2019. See, also, Section 62-5-419 effective until January 1, 2019.
(A) A conservator shall report to the court regarding his administration of the estate annually and upon the conservator's resignation or removal, the termination of the protected person's minority or disability, the death of the protected person, and at other times as the court directs.
(B) The report must include:
(1) an accounting of receipts and disbursements for the accounting period;
(2) a list of the assets of the estate under the conservator's control and the location of the assets;
(3) any recommendations for changes in the financial plan; and
(4) the conservator's opinion regarding the continued need for the conservatorship and the scope of the conservatorship.
(C) The conservator shall provide a copy of the report to the protected person if he has attained the age of fourteen years and has sufficient mental capacity to understand the report, and to any parent with whom the protected person resides or guardian of the protected person.
(D) The court may appoint a guardian ad litem to review a report or plan, interview the protected person or conservator, and make any other investigation the court directs.
(E) The court may order a conservator to submit the assets of the estate to an appropriate examination in any manner directed by the court.
(F) The conservator or the protected person may petition in formal proceedings pursuant to Section 62-5-428 for an order:
(1) allowing or requiring an intermediate or final report of a conservator and adjudicating liabilities disclosed in the accountings; or
(2) allowing or requiring a final report and adjudicating unsettled liabilities relating to the conservatorship.
HISTORY: 1986 Act No. 539, Section 1; 2010 Act No. 244, Section 37, eff June 7, 2010. Formerly Code 1976 Section 62-5-419, renumbered and amended by 2017 Act No. 87 (S.415), Section 5.A, eff January 1, 2019.
Prior Laws: Former Section 62-5-416 was titled Requests for orders subsequent to appointment; service of petition and summons; denial of application, and had the following history: 1986 Act No. 539, Section 1; 2010 Act No. 244, Section 36, eff June 7, 2010. See now, Code 1976 Section 62-5-428.