2018 South Carolina Code of Laws
Title 33 - Corporations, Partnerships and Associations
CHAPTER 56 - SOLICITATION OF CHARITABLE FUNDS
- Section 33-56-10. Short Title.
- Section 33-56-20. Definitions.
- Section 33-56-30. Registration statement; filing; form; contents; fee.
- Section 33-56-40. Children's Trust Fund of South Carolina exempt from fee.
- Section 33-56-45. Registration and fee requirements for fire departments.
- Section 33-56-50. Organizations exempt from registration provisions; alternate filings; fundraising activities.
- Section 33-56-55. Application of chapter to parent-teacher associations or local chambers of commerce; reporting not required.
- Section 33-56-60. Report of financial activities; filing requirements; contents; filing IRS Form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-PF as an alternative; exemption; penalty for failure to file.
- Section 33-56-70. Contracts with professional solicitors to be in writing; filing requirements; joint financial report for each campaign; penalty for noncompliance.
- Section 33-56-75. Donor list; professional fundraising counsel or professional solicitor; responsibilities and prohibitions; violations; fines.
- Section 33-56-80. Filings to be public records.
- Section 33-56-90. Disclosures to solicited parties; penalties.
- Section 33-56-100. Fiscal records; retention for three years.
- Section 33-56-110. Registration of professional solicitor, fund-raising counsel, or commercial co-venturer; application; surety bond; duration of registration; penalties; ineligible persons.
- Section 33-56-120. Misrepresentations prohibited.
- Section 33-56-130. Foreign organizations and solicitors deemed to appoint secretary as agent for service.
- Section 33-56-140. Investigations; notice of noncompliance; grounds for injunction; rejection of filings; hearings and appeals.
- Section 33-56-145. Penalties.
- Section 33-56-150. Division of Public Charities; Director.
- Section 33-56-160. Administrative fines and fees; disposition.
- Section 33-56-170. Definitions of "charitable organization" and "employee" for purposes of Section 33-56-180.
- Section 33-56-180. Limitation of liability for injury or death caused by employee of charitable organization.
- Section 33-56-190. Exchange of information with other states.
- Section 33-56-200. Severability of provisions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.